Saturday, July 23, 2011

Brain Freeze Ain't for Sissies

Dinwiddie Dunn and his bowlegged sons, preferred eating ice cream to carrying guns.
"My boys don't use guns!" Daddy Dinwiddie said, "My boys use their holsters for ice cream instead!"  Now ice cream is yummy and ice cream is fun, but ice cream in holsters will melt in the sun..."

The first book in the "Dinwiddie Dunn and his Bowlegged Sons" series begins production in August.  The initial draft of the book should be complete by about February of next year.  Excited for the process to begin; especially the illustration portion.  The illustrations are key since this will determine how everyone sees Dinwiddie, dimwitted Dean-O and eight-fingered Dave.  Someone once said of songwriting that the music is compromised the moment it leaves your head.  I'm afraid the same is true of the illustrations...that the characters will be compromised between leaving my head and ending up on the page.  I guess I'm both excited and nervous.

No comments:

Post a Comment